Tuesday 24 November 2009

Busker


I am really fascinated by buskers! Just hearing a variety of music (sometimes pretty good music) in the street for free, and often the buskers themselves look eccentric or different in some way. So many people walk past and try to ignore them, but every so often some passers-by are enthralled. And although musicians in the street are just ordinary people out to make a bit of extra money, to me there is something enigmatic or free-spirited about them. Also, I'm interested in life on the edge of the mainstream, and the element of risk and uncertainty there, as some people have noticed. This world is fascinating, beautiful and possibly dark and dangerous too.

11 comments:

  1. amazing illustration! love the subtle coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool perspective, nice rendering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, this topic has to be one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the characters. And your header is fantastic. Glad I clicked to check your stuff out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, I'm very happy that you like my work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joe - you have a great style. Love all your illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a soft spot for buskers too... partly because my brother's a jazz musician who's busked his way in Europe...

    however, I can't help worry just a bit that this audience is being lulled by a musician with ulterior motives... his eyes look awfully predatory to me!

    anyway, great drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic one, really great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your comments. Curious Art, you are maybe right, times are tough and everyone has to eat... but then again, it may be that this is just a harmless scene of a busker and audience...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed reading your insight/observations about your work. I also enjoy your curiosity with normality or those who stray along the borders of it. It's something I'm also interested in, and I'm sure we have differing perspectives on the same issue, so I'm excited to read more on how you view things. Good luck with your future works and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete